blockread/blockwrite in C++builder
Carlos Aguero
2003-10-08 20:36:23 UTC
First, thanks to the people that have answered my questions before. I
really appreciate it. Now,
I have a question. Where can I find some info about blockread or blockwrite
in c++ builder?
Do we have this functions in cbuilder? I am working with d7 and cbuilder to
share a bin file to be used by both applications. Any insight on this?
Carlos Aguero
Remy Lebeau (TeamB)
2003-10-08 20:46:48 UTC
Where can I find some info about blockread or blockwrite in c++ builder?
You don't, because they do not exist in BCB. BlockRead/Write() are
Delphi-specific. The Delphi Pascal language has built-in support for simple
file manipulation. In C++, you need to access the file manually, either via
the std::ofstream/ifstream C library classes, or the VCL's
FileOpen/Create/Read/Write() functions, or the VCL's TFileStream class, or
the Win32 API's Create/Read/WriteFile() functions.

Gambit
Ed Mulroy [TeamB]
2003-10-09 00:00:26 UTC
Along with what Gambit told you, if you use the C/C++ FILE* style I/O then
blockread is the equivalent of the function fread and blockwrite is the
equivalent of the function fwrite.

. Ed